For most of us, choosing a home will be the most important decision we ever make. The best way to get it right is to be prepared. To help simplify the process, we've identified the steps involved. Ready? Go.
Establish Your Wants and Needs
Consider how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need. Think about how you live. Do you entertain at home? Work? Play? Consider what the surrounding community can offer you.
Determine What You Can Afford
Visit your preferred bank's website to calculate your monthly payment.
Visit your Bank, Credit Union, or Mortgage Broker to review your borrowing options.
Choose Where to Live
Use the 'Compare Communities' Tool to review all the locations we have to serve you.
Select the Home for You
Review floor plans and exteriors online and visit our Sales Centres and Show Homes. Of course, our expert New Home Counsellors are there to help.
Make Your Purchase
Bring deposit cheques, photo ID, and pre-qualification documents to the Sales Centre to complete your purchase. Sign your Purchase and Sale Agreement.
Pick up your signed Agreement and your Intro Letter from Customer Care. We'll schedule a Design Studio Appointment with you. Here's What To Bring.
Attend Mattamy University
Learn more about the home buying and building process.
This is your chance to view your home before the inside walls are covered.
Prepare for Closing Day
For help through the process just contact your Customer Care Coordinator.
- Find a lawyer, send your information info to the Sales Centre.
- Provide your Bank with all required documentation.
- Contact Canada Post with your New Address.
- Contact all Utility Companies (Electricity, Gas, Phone, Cable).
- Contact your Security Company, if applicable.
- Contact your Insurance Company.
- Contact your Lawyer to schedule and appointment to Sign the Closing Document.
- Contact your Bank to ensure the Mortgage documents are prepared.
- Schedule Movers, if applicable."
Attend New Home Orientation
This is your opportunity to learn about the functions and features of your new home. Sign your Certificate of Possession.
File the Closing Documents with your Lawyer. Mattamy will contact you to pick up your keys.
Complete AVID Survey
We want to hear from you—tell us how we did.