The page was last updated on: April 6th, 2020
Mattamy Homes continues to closely monitor the risks associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are taking the responsible and necessary precautionary measures to protect the health and well-being of our employees, customers and other stakeholders. We continue to closely monitor and gather data on this rapidly changing situation from official sources such as The World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Mattamy Homes Canada:
Last Updated April 1st, 2020
On March 17th, Mattamy Homes Canada temporarily suspended all of the company's customer-facing and site-based operations. This decision was made in the interest of safeguarding the health and safety of our customers, employees and business partners.
Health and safety has also remained at the forefront of our plans as we prepare to safely ramp back up our site operations. We used the time during the suspension to develop thoughtful and industry-leading procedures specifically in response to COVID-19 so we can return to work on site and resume operations as safely as possible. Our safe return-to-work plans are designed to reduce risk while allowing the business to resume, which means ongoing jobs for our employees and trade partners, and customers realizing their dreams of home ownership.
With our plans now developed and the recent declaration by the Ontario government that residential construction is an essential service, we believe it’s time to safely resume operations on our sites. We anticipate construction activity to begin in phases starting on April 1 – with the new protocols in place and safety as the top priority. We will be operating in a new, safe environment to the best of our abilities.
Mattamy sales offices across Canada are open digitally to our customers by phone, email and video chat. Specific details are available on each community page on our website.
Mattamy Homes US:
Last Updated April 6th, 2020
Effective March 18th, Mattamy Homes US has made the decision to conduct all customer-facing meetings by appointment only and now effective April 5th we require our employees and customers to wear cloth face coverings on all Mattamy property as recommended by the CDC. While we are not able to supply face coverings for customers, please reference the CDC for recommendations on face coverings.
During this time, we will be taking specific measures to ensure the health and well-being of all our employees, customers and business partners. For the health and safety of everyone, we are asking you to contact us via email, phone or virtual communication. We are committed to serve our customers the best we can during this difficult time.
Mattamy Homes US operational staff are continuing to follow these precautions, and we encourage you to as well:
- We are being vigilant washing hands frequently, covering coughs or sneezes, cleaning and disinfecting shared and frequently touched objects and surfaces, and avoiding contact with sick people.
- We have implemented a “handshake-free” policy.
- Our employees have been instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- Our employees have been given instructions that if they have recently returned from travel identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) as presenting risks, they are to follow the guidance of the CDC.
- Our employees have been provided instructions to ask important safety questions of any visitors to our communities to ensure that we understand if face-to-face interactions are safe for all involved.
- Our employees, trades and customers are required to wear cloth face coverings when on Mattamy property and during appointments.
For the health and safety of our customers, employees, and trade partners, we are asking all visitors to any Mattamy location (e.g., office, model home, sales center, construction sites) to advise the proper Mattamy representative (i.e., the person you have been dealing with or the location’s general contact) with a phone call or email if they meet any of the following, commonly cited conditions.
- Have you or anyone in your household returned from any international travel and/or from areas where travel restrictions have been imposed by state or local government within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold- or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) or do you have any underlying medical conditions?
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide you with the best homeowner experience while maintaining a safe environment.