For most of us, choosing a home will be the most important decision we ever make. The best way to get it right is to be prepared. To help simplify the process, we've identified the steps involved. Ready? Go.
Establish Your Wants and Needs
Consider how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need. Think about how you live. Do you entertain at home? Work? Play? Consider what the surrounding community can offer you.
Visit your Bank, Credit Union, or Mortgage Broker to review your borrowing options.
Choose Where to Live
Use the 'Compare Communities' Tool to review all the locations we have to serve you.
Select the Home for You
Review floor plans and exteriors online and visit our Sales Centres and Show Homes. Of course, our expert New Home Counsellors are there to help.
Make Your Purchase
Bring deposit cheques, photo ID, and pre-qualification documents to the Sales Centre to complete your purchase. Sign your Purchase and Sale Agreement.
You will be contacted to pick up your signed agreement and make your Design Studio Appointment.
Meet your build team. Review plans, options & extras and see the siting of your new home.
This is your chance to view your home before the inside walls are covered.
Prepare for Closing Day
For help through the process just contact your Customer Care Coordinator.
- Find a lawyer, send your information info to the Sales Centre.
- Provide your Bank with all required documentation.
- Contact Canada Post with your New Address.
- Contact all Utility Companies (Electricity, Gas, Phone, Cable).
- Contact your Security Company, if applicable.
- Contact your Insurance Company.
- The Lawyer will contact you to schedule an appointment for the Signing of the Closing Document (If you are using Mattamy's lawyer).
- Schedule Movers, if applicable.
Attend New Home Orientation
This is your opportunity to learn about the functions and features of your new home. Sign your Certificate of Possession.
- Review any deficiencies from the pre-delivery orientation.
- File the Closing Documents with your Lawyer.
- Mattamy will contact you to pick up your keys.
30 Days After Closing
Complete your 30-day Warranty Service Request Form.
Complete AVID Survey
We want to hear from you—tell us how we did.