Mattamy Volunteer Program
Supporting employees in giving back
The Mattamy Volunteer Program (MVP) encourages and enables employees from across the organization to be active volunteers in and contributors to their local communities.
We are tremendously proud of our employee volunteer efforts. Our Mattamy family members are dedicated to making a positive community impact in their own way, and we are honoured to support the causes that matter most to them. Every year, Mattamy offers its employees volunteer grants, donation matching and paid time off to volunteer:
- Employees who volunteer their time with a charitable or not-for-profit organization are eligible for a $500 Mattamy Community Volunteer Grant in support of their chosen cause.
- Mattamy matches employee cash donations made to a charity of their choice up to $200 per year.
- Everyone on the Mattamy team is encouraged to take one day per year (paid) to support charity or non-profit work of their choice during regular business hours.
Here are some of the many examples of how Mattamy employees are using the MVP to make a difference in their communities and with the causes that are important to them.
Community Volunteer Grants
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Calgary & Area
- Brampton Girls Softball Association
- Central Florida Community Arts
- Ceremonial Band of the Waterloo Regional Police Services
- Companion Animal Rescue Effort
- Guelph Minor Hockey Association
- Hope and Help Center of Central Florida
- Learning Disability Association of Toronto
- Optimist Club of Milton
- Sarasota Manatee Community Rowing Inc.
- American Red Cross
- Calgary Humane Society
- St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Ottawa Chinese-Canadian Heritage Centre
- Special Olympics Canada Foundation
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation
- The Salvation Army
- Toronto Cat Rescue
Paid Time Off in the Community
- Daily Bread Food Bank
- Good Shepperd Ministries
- Habitat for Humanity
- Meals on Wheels
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Ottawa Tornado Relief
- Second Harvest Toronto
- Ski for Kids
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Toys for Tots
Making an impact: the stories
At Mattamy, we are committed to making a difference in our communities. From the small to the grand, we are proud of all our stories.